How to Explain & Defend the Catholic Faith
Can you answer these questions?
- Why do you Catholics call your priests "father" when Mt 23:9 clearly says "call no man father"
- Why do you Catholics worship the Eucharist? Isn't it just a symbolic piece of bread?
- How can you believe in God when there is so much suffering in the world?
- Why are Catholics opposed to abortion?
- Why is Mary such a big deal to Catholics?
- Aren't there errors and contradictions in the Bible?
- Do Catholics believe in the "Rapture"?
Most Catholics can't. But you don't have to be tongue-tied the next time your non-Catholic friend asks tough questions like these. Learn how to explain your faith clearly, defend it charitably, and share it confidently.
- Practical Points on Bible Reading
- The Eucharist
Appendix 1: The Early Church Fathers' View of the Eucharist
- The Canon of the Bible
- The Bible Alone?
- Apostolic Authority: Peter and the Papacy
- Marian Doctrines
Appendix 2: The Protestant Reformer's View of Mary
- Questions Asked about Mary
- Scandals in the Church
- Prayer to the Saints
- Miscellaneous Questions:
1."Call no man father"?
3.Constantine and Paganism?
4.Mass a Sacrifice?
5.Baptism: Merely Symbolic?
6.Why Infant Baptism?
7.Saved by Faith Alone?
8.Insufficiency of Redemption?
9.Assurance of Salvation?
12.Why are Priests Celibate?
13.Does Denomination Matter?
14.Which Church Did Jesus Found?
Authors: Father Frank Chacon & Jim Burnham
Format: 8.5x11" softcover