Join our Very Young Catholic Project
Join our Very Young Catholic Project
Select your TIER level below and then click JOIN NOW.
You’ve heard about the rise of the “nones”? They are the people who check “None” when asked their religion.
Sadly, more and more of these "nones" were raised…Catholic.
Most of us assume it is young adults who are abandoning the Church. But recent studies are revealing that these “nones” did not lose their faith when they left home: they had actually ceased believing by age 13 when their parents still thought they were effectively transmitting their Faith!
It’s only later when the kids leave home that the parents are surprised to discover what actually occurred years before.
The Institute for Family Studies released an article entitled Secularization Begins at Home on August 31, 2023.
Here are the highlights—especially startling for parents today.
- Most of the decline in religion in America is actually among children.
- Parents don’t perceive their child as losing their religious beliefs, when, in fact, their child has already lost their faith.
- Childhood, including before age 13, is the key battleground for religious formation.
Later in the summary, the author says, “Children…are usually not [capable of] having extremely sophisticated apologetics style arguments... [so the loss of faith among the young] doesn't have much to do with any actual deficiency of rational arguments for religion or strength of arguments against it."
So: What is occurring? Why isn't the Faith being transmitted to the children, when the parents think it is?
Parents are focusing primarily on filling their children’s brains with lessons and lists of rules and theological insights of apologists and historians—but while they are young children “live” in the wonder of their imaginations and in the joy that reaches their hearts as they experience the world around them! That is the battleground to "prepare the soil" upon which rational, mature arguments can be planted and flourish when they are older.
When a child is young and impressionable, the joy of the Faith and the exciting wonder of the world must be tilled into their souls, so that the Faith will not land on rocky soil in the heart of a child, but on soil which has been prepared in a way that builds upon their youthful curiosities.
Enter: The Very Young Catholic Project
Emily has a burning desire to touch the hearts of Catholic children aged 5-12 with the excitement of God's Universal Church.
And she has embarked on a unique quest, an approach that is a sure-fire winner.
Over the past few years, Emily has been traveling around the world and writing books about everyday Catholic families with young children (like yours)!
Her goal: To travel to every time zone and tell the story of a real Catholic family living the Faith where God has planted them in His amazing Creation.
Emily has already visited 14 time zones and is planning for the remaining 10.
Each visit results in another book entitled Very Young Catholics in ______ [name the location!], and each book is an eye-opening extravaganza for a child!
Professionally photographed, these 90+ page volumes include stunning photos on every page of the land, the people, the churches, animals, sports, foods and more--filled with stories of families just like yours!
Nothing is more awe-inspiring to a child than to see the world through the eyes of other children -- and together they will fill their hearts with the joy of the universal Church and the wonder of the planet that God has filled with His glory and given to all of us!
Children can truly see the universal Church before their eyes: how at every Mass in every place and in every time zone around the globe, we Catholics join in the never-ending chorus of praise, not only with our brothers and sisters young and old, but also with Mary and Joseph and all the saints, and “with the Angels and Archangels, with Thrones and Dominions, and with all the hosts and Powers of Heaven”!
Now, Holy Heroes is making the Very Young Catholic Project into an "adventure" that is BIGGER and BROADER than just the books--into just what you need to plant the seeds of the Faith deeply into your child's developing soul!
The Very Young Catholic Project Online provides even more resources and content to bring the joy of the Universal Church and the wonder of God's Creation to your family!
Enrollment is now open--only a few days left--so YOUR CHILDREN can join Emily as she travels "from the rising of the sun to its setting" to every time zone around the globe!
What's Included for your children aged 5-12 years old
With the Very Young Catholic Project Online, you will become part of a monthly program filled with exclusive resources to help you "go deeper" than the books!
Monthly resources include:
- exclusive "Ask Emily" Q&A
- you send in your questions, and Emily will answer them!
- Photos and videos from the Very Young Catholic Project's archives
- interactive quizzes--learn amazing things about the world and the Church
- printable activities--so there is something for every age
- includes educational mazes, coloring pages, and more!
- read aloud videos
- recipes--children love to learn what other children like to eat!
- including family recipes from Very Young Catholic host families!
- book lists to help you learn EVEN MORE about these countries
- reviewed by the Holy Heroes team for any content concerns
- travel updates on where the Very Young Catholic Project is going next
- and so much more!
Very Young Catholic Project Online is BIGGER than the books, providing even more resources and content to bring the joy of the Universal Church and the wonder of God's Creation to your family!
Now, for a limited enrollment period, we are offering 3 "tiers" you can choose to suit your children's ages and interests.
Each tier comes with a copy of the NEW Very Young Catholics in Argentina book (our first destination with Emily in her quest) PLUS: we've created unique bonus goodies for each tier to celebrate the launch!
**NOTE: this is NOT a monthly subscription. When you enroll at any level, you will have access to all our new monthly online resources, every single month, at no additional cost!
CLICK EACH TIER LEVEL BELOW TO LEARN ABOUT WHAT EACH INCLUDES
Tier 1: Traveler
- Very Young Catholic Project Online
- note: this is NOT a monthly subscription. When you enroll, you will have access to all our new monthly online resources, every single month, at no additional cost!
- NEW Very Young Catholics in Argentina book (our first destination!)
TIER 2: Explorer
- Everything included for Tier 1 Travelers
- Very Young Catholic Project Travel Log (see picture!)
- Throughout the Very Young Catholic Project Online, you will receive stickers, photographs, postcards, and more as you "visit" each time zone! A fun and interactive way to display everything you are learning!
- BONUS: on your Travel Log is your "passport" which you can personalize with your picture, name, and parish!
- Need additional Travel Logs so each child can have their own? You can now add more Travel Logs to your enrollment!
- Very Young Catholic Travel Bag (this special premium is only available during this enrollment window!). You'll be able to fill your travel bag with lots of goodies as the months progress!
TIER 3: Globetrotter
- Everything included for Tier 2 Explorers
- NEW Very Young Catholics in Togo book -- hot off the press!