The Lost Art of Sacrifice: A Spiritual Guide for Denying Yourself, Embracing the Cross, and Finding Joy
This is an important book for parents: to help you create a family culture of sacrifice when your children are young--before they establish habits they will take with them when they leave home.
In our materialistic and secular world, we have lost the art of sacrifice--an art that connects us with the very roots of our souls and is essential to our salvation. That is why this book is so vitally important today.
In these pages, Vicki Burbach (a convert, wife, mother, and author of How to Read Your Way to Heaven: A Spiritual Reading Program for the Worst of Sinners, the Greatest of Saints, and Everyone in Between) explains that while Christ's words are challenging, He isn't asking us to pick up our crosses because He is hard-hearted, but rather because He is calling us to the highest manifestation of love.
In this book, you will learn:
- the difference between suffering and sacrifice,
- why life is not measured by what you get,
- the reason God prepared your soul for sacrificial love,
- how conquering your desires is critical to sacrificial love,
- and why sacrifice is not something that happens to you but is an act of will.
Author: Vicki Burbach